The Arabidopsis mitochondrial proteome project (data of Kruft et al. 2001, Plant Physiol.127, 1694-1710)
Holger Eubel and Hans-Peter Braun
Abteilung Angewandte Genetik, Universität Hannover, Germany
An Arabidopsis thaliana mitochondrial proteome project was started for a comprehensive investigation of mitochondrial functions in plants. As a first step the proteome of mitochondria isolated from suspension cell cultures was characterized by high resolution 2D gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometry. Currently the proteomes of selected Arabidopsis knock-out mutants concerning nuclear genes of mitochondrial proteins are under investigation in our laboratory.
- 2D IEF / SDS PAGE of the Arabidopsis mitochondrial proteome
- 2D Blue-native / SDS PAGE of theArabidopsis mitochondrial proteome
- 2D Blue-native /SDS PAGE of outer mitochondrial membrane proteins from Arabidopsis
- List of identified proteins of the Arabidopsis mitochondrial proteome
- 2D Blue-native / SDS PAGE of the potato mitochondrial proteome and list of identified proteins
- 2D Blue-native /SDS PAGE of outer mitochondrial membrane proteins from potato
For further information on the proteome of plant mitochondria see also the Arabidopsis Mitochondrial Protein Database at the University of Western Australia by JL Heazlewood, JS Tonti-Filippini, A Gout, DA Day, J Whelan and AH Millar.