The group Marker Assisted Selection is working on the detection and mapping of genes and QTLs for important traits of horticultural crops and their biological background.
- Molecular mapping of major resistance genes for powdery mildew (Podosphaera pannosa) and black spot (Diplocarpon rosae) on roses
- Evaluation of species and cultivars of the genus Rosa for their resistance against fungal pathogens (EU-Projekt GENROSE: Key action 5.1.1)
- Microscopic studies of the plant-pathogen-interaction
- QTL-studies for important traits of roses
- Marker assisted breeding of Phalaenopsis